While scrolling through Pinterest, I came across an easy trick for making Coconut Milk Whipped Cream. I’ve been wanting to try it, but kept putting it aside. And then I found the perfect opportunity to give it a go.
My challenge was to create a new recipe (outside of breakfast) that used one of the following Quaker® products: Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Simply Granola, or Quaker® Life Cereals. Of course, I chose Quaker® Life Cinnamon cereal because we already love it! I wanted to make something simple and with few ingredients that the kids could help me with. They always love to help!
I was able to get everything I needed for this recipe at Walmart. That makes me happy. This recipe only uses six ingredients:
- Imperial Dragon Coconut Milk (found in the international ethnic aisle at Walmart)
- Quaker® Cinnamon Life cereal (found in the cereal aisle at Walmart)
I love the idea of Dessert Shooters! Single servings of delicious sweetness. The perfect portion for those trying to not eat the whole thing. And these dessert shooters are somewhat on the less-bad-for-you side.
Just follow the recipe below to make these bite-size treats. These would be fun for a Valentine’s Day treat for the significant other, an easy and cute dessert to bring to a holiday party, or just something special to make at home with the kids. My 4-year-old helped me make these and we had a lot of fun. She especially enjoyed picking out and placing the raspberries on top!
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
*** To use the coconut milk whipped cream in this recipe, you will need to place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The next day it will have separated the liquid from the solid. You will need to use the solid portion for this recipe. So plan on preparing the night before you will need to make this recipe.
Cinnamon Raspberry Dessert Shooters with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- ¾ cup Quaker® Cinnamon Life cereal (crushed)
- 2 TBSP butter (melted)
- 1 can Imperial Dragon Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large package raspberries
- Place Quaker® Cinnamon Life cereal in a ziploc baggie and crush enough to get ¾ cup.
- Add the crushed cereal to the melted butter and mix completely.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of shooter (or shotglass) about ⅓ high.
- *Reserve enough berries to place on the top of each shooter after finished. Then squish the rest in a big ziploc bag.
- Spoon some of the squished raspberries onto the cereal and press down. Fill another ⅓ up on the glass.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the thick portion of the separated coconut milk with the honey and cinnamon. Mix until smooth and whipped cream-like consistency.
- Spoon the whipped mixture on top of the raspberries, filling to the top or higher if you like.
- Garnish with a few sprinkles of the cereal crumbles and one raspberry.
****I only made 4 shooters for this recipe and had a lot of the crushed cereal, a lot of the whipped topping, and some raspberry goo left over. I estimate you could probably make 6-10 shooters from this. More than that and you will need an extra large container of raspberries.
Find more inspiration by visiting QuakerCerealLove.com. If you try these, please let me know how you like them in the comments below!