Peanut Butter and Chocolate. What two things go together as deliciously as those?
I wanted to try out a different version of rice krispie treats recipe and chocolate and peanut butter just sounded good. The girls thought so, too, so I just had to do it.
We’ve also been snowed in for a week. All of the kids have been home for an extra week from school, so as you can imagine, the house is a mess, there’s more laundry, more dishes and well, I just had to make a treat after surviving this week.
So, here you go.
My girls added the white pearls and pink sprinkles on it, but you can’t see the pink sprinkles very well in the photo. They kind of sunk down into the chocolate.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Krispie Treats
- FOR THE BOTTOM:
- 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- ⅛ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 T Butter
- Lightly grease a 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter and melt until smooth.
- Add the cereal and mix until well coated.
- Pour mixture into pan and pat down with a lightly sprayed spatula.
- For the topping, add all ingredients in a bowl and microwave in 15-20 second intervals until smooth and well combined.
- Pour over bottom mixture and smooth out evenly.
- Chill for an hour or more before cutting into squares.
You could probably substitute any nut butter for peanut butter and any type of chocolate chip to change the taste up a bit. Hope you enjoy!