Last week was my oldest sons thirteenth birthday. I now have a teenager and let me tell you, it’s scary!
It seems just yesterday that I was posting about him starting middle school and being twelve.
He doesn’t like cake very well, so he brought home a recipe from his cooking class in school and asked if he could have that for his birthday instead. Toffee Brownie Trifle. I told him sure, and we could use whatever candy bar he wanted if he didn’t want toffee. He chose Kit Kat.
So, here it is… Kit Kat Brownie Trifle… and it was good!
Kit Kat Brownie Trifle
- 1 package brownie mix (13×9-inch pan size)
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 oz) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 – 4 candy bar of your choice, chopped (we used 4 kit kat bars)
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for ‘cake-like’ brownies. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mixes on a low speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-inch cubes.
- Place half of the brownies in a 3-quart glass trifle bowl or serving dish.
- Cover with half of the pudding.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy bars.
- Serve and enjoy!